Re: [AMBER] Question about mdinfo file.

From: Robert Duke <rduke.email.unc.edu>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 13:08:06 -0400

Wow, you guys put a lot of good stuff in there :-) I am not in the habit of
looking at mdinfo, obviously; I just do most of this stuff in my head. But
on performance, yes, it does pick up with time as a general rule, probably
primarily as a function of load balancing, but also if there is any settling
of the dynamics (so if there are more "hot spots" early in equilibration,
this results in the need to build the pairlist more frequently). When I
used to do lots of benchmarking, I had determined that you needed somewhere
on the order of 5-10K steps when working in the neighborhood of 128 procs
for loadbalancing to get completely fine-tuned.
Regards - Bob