Re: [AMBER] Configure gnu

From: P Bhattacharya <pbhatta.g.clemson.edu>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 10:55:59 -0400

Hello! Dan,
Thanks! I didn't have the compilers installed. Its a Ubuntu 10.04. I
installed them and now, installed Amber successfully.
Priyanka

On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 10:18 AM, Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 10:03 AM, P Bhattacharya <pbhatta.g.clemson.edu>
> wrote:
> >
> > Validating the C++ compiler version:
> > g++ -v
> > The version is
> > [: 1340: -lt: unexpected operator
> > OK
>
> This message seems to indicate that you either do not have the GNU C++
> compiler installed, or it is installed improperly on your system. The
> C++ compiler is required for many things in AmberTools. I'm not sure
> why the configure script says OK but it certainly doesn't seem to be.
> If you type 'g++ -v' what is written to STDOUT?
>
> Subsequent messages indicate you don't have Flex or the gnu fortran
> compiler installed either. Taken all together this may be why the
> Netcdf and FFTW configures are failing (you can check their log files
> to be certain).
>
> What OS are you running?
>
> -Dan

Priyanka Bhattacharya
PhD candidate
Laboratory of Single-Molecule Biophysics and Polymer Physics
Department of Physics and Astronomy, Clemson University
Lab: Jordan 110