Re: [AMBER] How to identify water molecules at the interface ? follow up ....

From: Amor San Juan <amorsanjuan.yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2010 23:19:59 -0700 (PDT)

I want to write a follow-up in regard to my previous post below.

Aside from ptraj hbond analysis, I also tried several ptraj commands including:
a) grid = the aim of this command is to generate water density at hydration
b)watershell= the aim of this command is to count the number of water molecules at 1st/2nd solvation shell
c) closest= the aim of this command is to quantify the number of water molecules at 3.5A and 5A.

In all those commands above, I am unable to identify the numbering of water buried at interface. Although the closest command can quantify the water molecules at specific distance, its numbering of water molecules were altered compared to the original numbering.

My aim is to get the identity of the water molecules buried between the ligand-protein. Once the water identity is found, I will use this as input together with prot+lig for binding energy calculation in mmpbsa. What I mean to say in water identity is simply the water identity as reflected on its atom/residue number.

amor