Re: [AMBER] random number seed - range

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 14:55:20 -0700

Hi Robert,

Support for ig=-1 was added (somewhat silently) as part of bugfix.26 to
AMBER 10 PMEMD hence the reason you are okay. There would probably have been
a better way to do this in the first place, i.e. specifying something like
USE_WALLCLOCK for ig in the mdin file that would have caused an abort during
the namelist read if it wasn't supported. However, the ig=-1 option was
effectively silently added to the sander tree without any real mention of it
on the developers mailing list which is why it ended up the way it is.

At least in your case though you are good.

All the best
Ross