Re: [AMBER] How to define "generalized distance coordinate restraint" in AMBER10?

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 08:46:42 -0400

On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 5:55 AM, Catein Catherine <askamber23.hotmail.com>wrote:

> Dear All,
>

> I would like to calculate a PMF for a reaction coordinates which involve
> forming bond between A-B, at the same time cleaving a bond between B-C.
>

> I learnt from Bud that I may use "generalized distance coordinate
> restraint" to set the restraint and define the reaction coordinates. I
> lookup the manual. I found the restaint is defined as
>

> U = k(w1|r1-r2|+w2|r3-r4|+w3|r5-r6|+w4|r7-r8|-r0)2
>

> Is it same as the restrainst defined for LCOD?
>

> I also want to reconfirm with you that if I should define the restraint
> files as follows, if I want to study the PMF when LCOD change from 1A to
> 10A?
>

> # reaction coordinates
> &rst iat(6)=A,B,B,C, r1=0., r2=1., r3=1., r4=10., rk2 = 30., rk3 = 30., /

This should be iat, not iat(6). You also need numbers here, not letters,
but I assume you knew that. If you want a generalized distance restraint,
you also need to define the restraint weights (rstwt). Then that will be a
generalized distance restraint for the 2 distances. The restraint weights
are the w1, w2, ..., etc. in the formula you posted above.

Good luck!
Jason

> Best regards,
>
> Catherine