Re: [AMBER] Name for Glucosamine

From: Lachele Foley (Lists) <"Lachele>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 11:16:42 -0400

We don't have a plain glucosamine available in the standard Glycam set.

You would need to build it and develop Glycam charges for it. The
procedure has been discussed earlier on this list and you can also
find procedural information in the paper below.

Kirschner, K.N., Yongye, A.B., Tschampel, S.M., Daniels, C.R., Foley,
B.L, Woods, R.J. J. Comput. Chem. 2008, 29, pg 622-655

:-) Lachele

On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 8:21 AM, Shubhra Gupta <shubhg.iiar.res.in> wrote:
> Dear Amberian:
>
> What is the naming convention for Glucosamine (GlcN). As it is given for
> N-Acetal-Glucosamine,
> not for Glucosamine also for 3 axial furanose galactose (3 beta Galf) I have
> given 3LU but tleap
> is not recognizing it.
>
> Thanking you,
>
> Shubhra
>

> On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 10:39 AM, Shubhra Gupta <shubhg.iiar.res.in> wrote:
>
>> Dear Amberian:
>>
>> What is naming convention for Glucosamine (GlcN) and for 3 axial furanose
>> galactose
>> I have given 3LU in leap, it is not recognizing.
>>

>> Shubhra
>>

> --
> Shubhra Gupta
> Information Officer,
> Department of Bioinformatics & Structural Biology
> Indian Institute of Advanced Research
> Koba, Gandhinagar 382007 Gujarat
> Phone: 91-79-30514154
> Email: shubhg.iiar.res.in