Re: [AMBER] peptides not folding in remd with changing sequence of D and L isomer

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 07:21:22 -0400

it will probably help if you tell people what force field you are using,
what solvent model, which set of intrinsic radii, and what experimental data
you are comparing to.

I agree with Dan- be prepared to run hundreds of ns in explicit water, as
the only studies in the literature that include uncertainty estimates are of
this length or longer. much of the early REMD peptide folding literature
with short runs in explicit solvent gives results that we know now are very
likely artifacts of initial conditions. also - my advice is to run twice,
from different initial structures, and only worry about force field when the
2 runs give the same ensembles.