[AMBER] Can I convert the umberlla sampling results to LCOD for 1D-PMF analysis?

From: Catein Catherine <askamber23.hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2010 15:57:17 +0800

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am interested to study a reaction coordinate as follows:

X + C-Y ==> X-C-Y ==> X-C + Y

It seems to me that I should define the reaction coordinate as the distances of XtoC and CtoY.

I am think of using PMF with umbrella sampling.

I know how to make two restrainst for umberlla sampling. I also know how to do the 2D-PMF from wham. Is it the only way or best way to study this reaction coordinate?

I am thinking if it is a sensible way to convert the results files to single column before doing WHAM, i.e.

After the 2D-PMF calculation, I should get the result file as follows:

time column 1 column 2

0 2 5

1 2 4.9

where the column 1 is the distance between X and C atoms, column 2 is the distance between C to Y.

Borrowing the idea of LCOD to this analysis. I could convert the column 1 and column 2 to a single combined variable, i.e. column 1 - column 2.

By doing this convertion, I may be able to calculate the 1D-PMF against the combined variable using 1D-PMF.

Do you think it is a sensible way to get the work done using umbrella sampling?

Best regards,

Cat

Best regards,

Cat