Re: [AMBER] PTRAJ: problem with image command

From: Xioling Chuang <xioling_c.hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 18:17:02 +0200

Dear Joung,

Thanks alot for your answer. Anyway, to calculate the distance between ions and residue 1, do we need to set residue 1 as the center (i.e. without 'noimage') ?

I think that at the first step which we already shifted molecules back into the primary unit cell (with command 'image origin center' and centered on DNA) we should get properly coordinates of all Na+/WAT. And then we can directly calculate distance between 2 molecules (e.g. distance between WAT and Na+). In other words, we can measure distance between 2 atoms using Rasmol after we extracted snapshots as PDB file. Or even we can perform further calculation (e.g. interaction between any molecules). Am I right?

Xioling