Re: [AMBER] Writing trajectory for C-alpha atoms

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2010 14:35:47 -0400

Hello,

You'd still use the same syntax that Dan described to you, you just have to
specify the mask to include only the atoms you want. The only way to get
concatenated coordinates is to use a trajectory file type for the trajout
file. Alternatively you can catenate each PDB to the end of the one that
came before to get a single file.

The strip command would look something like this:

strip !(:1.CA)

if, for instance, you only wanted to track the carbon alpha of the first
residue of the system. Then use an mdcrd file as the trajout type:

trajout file.mdcrd

Since all that's left is the CA of the residue you want, you will see only
the XYZ of the CA on each line. Whatever route you choose to take, it
sounds like you'll have to script some of the analysis yourself afterwards.

Good luck!
Jason

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida