Re: [AMBER] random number seed - range

From: Paul S. Nerenberg <psn.berkeley.edu>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 07:44:38 -0700

Hi Keith,

I'm not sure if this was addressed in a bugfix or not, but my copy of
AMBER 10 pmemd does ig = -1 for everything. Maybe it could also be a
compiler-related issue? (I used pathscale to compile AMBER 10.)
Anyway, here is a Langevin (NVT) run in pmemd from our cluster:

           Amber 10 SANDER 2008

| PMEMD implementation of SANDER, Release 10

| Run on 06/18/2010 at 16:25:44

   [-O]verwriting output

File Assignments:
| MDIN: prod_rsvr.in
| MDOUT: ./output/ala3_rsvr.out
| INPCRD: ./rst/ala3_eq.rst
| PARM: ala3.prmtop
| RESTRT: ./rst/ala3_rsvr.rst
| REFC: refc
| MDVEL: mdvel
| MDEN: mden
| MDCRD: ./mdcrd/ala3_rsvr.mdcrd
| MDINFO: mdinfo
|LOGFILE: logfile

  Here is the input file:

26 ns NVT MD at 400 K
  &cntrl
   imin = 0, irest = 0, ntx = 1,
   iwrap = 1, ntc = 2, ntf = 2,
   ntb = 1, cut = 9.0, ntr = 0,
   ntt = 3, gamma_ln = 1, ig = -1,
   tempi = 400.0, temp0 = 400.0,
   nstlim = 13000000, dt = 0.002,
   ntpr = 500, ntwx = 500, ntwr = 50000
  /

...snip...

Langevin dynamics temperature regulation:
      ig = 984168
      temp0 = 400.00000, tempi = 400.00000, gamma_ln= 1.00000

Best,

Paul