Re: [AMBER] random number seed - range

From: Keith Van Nostrand <kifvan.yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 07:25:19 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

  Because of correlation in the data, I had started using ig = -1 as well. I am
doing Langevin dynamics with Amber 10 pmemd, and my output shows ig = -1
everywhere:

          Amber 10 SANDER 2008

| PMEMD implementation of SANDER, Release 10

| Run on 07/23/2010 at 11:37:13

  [-O]verwriting output

File Assignments:
| MDIN: mdN_product-23-min_iso10.in
| MDOUT: md197_product-23-min_iso10.out
| INPCRD: md196_product-23-min_iso10.restrt
| PARM: product-23-min_iso10.prmtop
| RESTRT: md197_product-23-min_iso10.restrt
| REFC: refc
| MDVEL: mdvel
| MDEN: mden
| MDCRD: md197_product-23-min_iso10.mdcrd
| MDINFO: mdinfo
|LOGFILE: logfile

 Here is the input file:

1ns MD
 &cntrl
  iwrap = 1,
  ig = -1,
  imin = 0, irest = 1, ntx = 5,
  ntb = 2, pres0 = 1.0, ntp = 1,
  taup = 2.0,
  cut = 10, ntr = 0,
  ntc = 2, ntf = 2,
  tempi = 300.0, temp0 = 300.0,
  ntt = 3, gamma_ln = 1.0,
  nstlim = 500000, dt = 0.002,
  ntpr = 500, ntwx = 500, ntwr = 1000
/

...snip...

Langevin dynamics temperature regulation:
     ig = -1
     temp0 = 300.00000, tempi = 300.00000, gamma_ln= 1.00000

Could it be that ig = -1 was not implemented in amber10 pmemd for Langevin
dynamics?
Hopefully I can just correct this in the future.

Sincerely,
Keith Van Nostrand