Re: [AMBER] random number seed - range

From: g t <sketchfoot.gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 20:45:57 +0100

Hi!

Thanks for your quick reply. I checked the outfiles when ig was set to -1
and they stated that ig had been set to -1 every instance, instead of a
random number based upon the current time & date. I'm afraid I no longer
have those files to post though.

My version of AMBER is 10 and is running on linux Red Hat Enterprise Linux
Server release 5.4. I'm afraid I do not know the compiler for sure, but
suspect they may have used the comercial intel compiler & fortran options.

I think the issue is probably due to the TI limitation you speak off in the
second paragraph. If I do have to specify the ig value manually, what do you
think would be an acceptable range?

Thanks again,
GT