Re: [AMBER] Workaround for gfortran-4.1.2?

From: case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 21:31:06 -0400

On Tue, Jul 20, 2010, Marc Moreau wrote:

> I am trying to compile against gcc-4.1.2 which includes the buggy
> gfortran-4.1.2.
>
> I'm trying to compile with -O2 instead of the default -O3. Does anyone
> know of any other things to try, or specific compiler flags that allow
> a work-around of the buggy section in fortran?

In addition to what Mark Williamson suggested, you might consider just living
with the defects of 4.1.2. As far as I remember (others can chime in here),
only the ABMD stuff in sander is broken. If that is true, and you don't plan
to use that option, you might be able to live with the older compiler.

If there are other problems with 4.1.2, let me(us) know -- we should probably
set up a web page listing these.

...dac