Re: [AMBER] ld: duplicate symbol _gauss in ../lib/sys.a(random.o) and rand2.o

From: case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 12:52:11 -0400

On Thu, Jul 01, 2010, Yu Chen wrote:

> Sorry for the misunderstanding. I DO compiled MPICH2 myself, the
> gcc/gfortran package is downloaded from hpc.sf.net, although I could
> have done if from Macports too (maybe try it next).

This is a little confusing, since you mentioned openmpi(?) in the previous
email. We also don't know what flags you used to compile the MPI.

> The passing flags do remind me that I didn't pass the no_underscoring to
> Amber, so I just tried that (I put the no_underscoring in config.h on
> FFLAGS ... line), but it seems the compiler didn't pick it up, the flag
> still not included when compiling. I did the ./configure -mpi gnu first,
> then edit the config.h file, then make clean ; make parallel.

It's not clear exactly what you did to config.h, whether you are literally
using "no_underscoring" (which is not correct), etc.

I still recommend using the configure_openmpi script. There should be no
need to manually edit the config.h file.

...dac