Re: [AMBER] installing AmberTools 1.4 on AIX

From: case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 08:26:01 -0400

On Thu, Jul 01, 2010, Mirko Cestari wrote:

> finally I managed to compile AmberTools 1.4 and Amber 11 (serial) on AIX 6.1.
> I'm now trying to run all the serial tests but what I get is amber exits
> with an 'exit code' different from zero.
>
> but the number changes if I run the sander executable in gdb or directly
> in iterative
>
> $ ../../exe/sander -O -i min.in -o out
> $ echo $?
>
> 164

Did the sander command work? Does AIX give a non-zero value for $? even for
a successful command? Try the following:

    date
    echo $?

If you don't get zero, it's going to be a challenge to get the Amber test
suite running on AIX. The "goto error" syntax we use looks completely kosher
to me. We may need some AIX guru here. As far as I know, none of the Amber
developers has access to an AIX machine, which is why it is no longer
"officially" supported, but we can try to do what we can.

....dac