Re: [AMBER] force field parameter and resp charge calculation

From: colvin <colvin4367.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 16:45:14 +0800

Dear Francois,

Thanks for the explanations!

What i mean is that, i have done resp calculations on 24 conformations and
can i average the resp charges?

As i read this from http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/RED/FAQ-I.php

"Do you average RESP results on many orientations?"

 "Yes, we do average RESP results on 'different' orientations: we called it
multi-orientation-RESP fit by analogy to the multi-conformational RESP fit,
see below"

Or do i misunderstand your meaning?

how many conformations should be use to be useful? is that depends on the
molecule itself?

Pls advice. Thank you very much.

Regards,
Colvin