Re: [AMBER] force field parameter and resp charge calculation

From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 18:27:08 +0200

Dear Colvin,

You might look at R.E.D. III.3 as well where multiple orientation
and/or multiple conformation charge fit can be automatically carried
out. You might look at our tutorial as well:
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/Tutorial/Tutorial-1.php
However, it has just been updated for R.E.D.-III.4, which will be
released soon.

With R.E.D. IV June 2010 in R.E.D. Server 2.0, we will also release a
new statistics module, which allows automatic charge value comparisons
between conformation/orientation, fitted versus (vs) averaged charges,
Mulliken/Lowdin vs MEP-based charges, multiple molecule charge fit vs
single molecule charge fit, with charge constraint vs without charge
constraint during charge fitting, etc...

MEP-based charge values generated by R.E.D./R.E.D. server &
Antechamber should be identical if the same orientations/conformations
are used. Thus, you could use results obtained with one program to
check what is obtained with the other one...

Finally, when you manually concatenate RESP espot files for
Antechamber (R.E.D. does that automatically), just be sure you do not
have empty lines at the end of each espot files; otherwise this will
mess up your multiple orientation/conformation RESP fit (in the
multiple espot file).

regards, Francois