Re: [AMBER] parallel compiling failure of Amber 11

From: case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 00:33:52 -0400

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010, Yubo Fan wrote:

> Sorry to bother you again. I reinstall the system and installed Intel
> Compilers at /opt/intel. But when I compile openmpi with Intel
> Compilers, it failed with the following message. Any advice?

Amber 11 provides a "configure_openmpi" script that should be of help if
you are having problems. As long as you give both "configure_openmpi" and
"configure" the same flags (i.e. either both intel or both gnu), you should
end up with compatible systems, and all the flags and locations of libraries,
etc should be correct.

> == Compiler and preprocessor tests
>
> *** C compiler and preprocessor
> checking for gcc... icc
> checking for C compiler default output file name...
> configure: error: in `/opt/openmpi-1.4.2':
> See `config.log' for more details.

Of course, at this point, you indeed have to look at "config.log" for more
details, as suggested. Have you compiled serial amber with the intel
compiler?

....dac