Re: [AMBER] Query- Heating after Equilibration

From: Jagdeesh C <jagc666.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 08:29:54 +0530

Thank you very much for your inputs Professor Case and Jason! I seem to have
identified the problem. It had someting to do with the rst file. But, I
don't know the solution to it.

I performed 2 sets of minimization and then went on to perform the MD.

1) 1000 steps of steepest descent
 steepest
 &cntrl
  imin=1, ntmin=2, maxcyc=1000,
  cut=10.0,ntb=1,
  ntc=2,ntf=2,
  ntpr=100,
/

2) This is followed by 1000 steps of Polak-Ribiere conjugte gradient
polak
&cntrl
imin=1, ntmin=3,
irest=0, ntx=1,
maxcyc=1000,
cut=10.0,ntb=0,
ntc=2,ntf=2,
ntpr=100,
drms = 0.0119,
/
&lmod
xmin_method = prcg,
/

Now when I perform subsequent MD simulations (input file shown below) with
the rst generated from the first step they work fine. But, when I try them
with the rst generated from the PRCG (second) step no output files are
generated. I suspect something is wrong with the second input. So where
exactly is the error in the input file?

Here is the input for subsequent simulations using rst's generated from 1
& 2
MD
&cntrl
imin=0, irest=0, ntx=1,