Re: [AMBER] Solvation free energy of a capped 9mer peptide

From: Ray Luo <ray.luo.uci.edu>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 16:32:03 -0700

Lekpa,

MMPBSA would be a reasonable approach ... I suppose you cannot compare
your computation with experiment on this ... solvation free energy of a
macromolecule is usually used to compute other observable molecular
properties, such as protein-ligand binding affinities.

All the best,
Ray

Ray Luo, Ph.D.
Associate Professor in Computational
Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics
Dept of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry
Dept of Biomedical Engineering
University of California, Irvine, CA 92697-3900
Email: rluo.uci.edu Phones: (949) 824-9528, 9562
Web: http://rayl0.bio.uci.edu/rayl/