Re: [AMBER] high bidning energy MMPBSA

From: Bill Miller III <brmilleriii.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 22:22:06 -0400

In general, the more snapshots used the better binding energy in order to
obtain a proper average of all the system's conformations. Although after a
certain numbers (I have found 200 to usually be the "magic" number) of
snapshots the average binding energy usually changes very little. This will
change based on your specific system and the conformations that it visits
during the MD simulation. However, you shouldn't be getting such drastically
different binding energies using 20 snapshots versus 5 (or 1) snapshots.
They should be pretty close to the same. I would suggest that something is
occurring during the extraction of the coordinate snapshots.

-Bill

Bill Miller III
Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida