[AMBER] MD simulation of methylated DNA: addition of methyl groups to .pdb file

From: Ehsan Habibi <EHabibi.ibb.ut.ac.ir>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 21:53:45 +0430

Dear Amber community,
I aim to work on MD simulation of methylated DNA with AMBER 9. Would you

please give me some information regarding the addition of methyl
groups to my .pdb file. I don't know how can I

add methyl groups to my .pdb file. Output file (.pdb) of
http://w3dna.rutgers.edu/ [http://w3dna.rutgers.edu/],
 nucgen or nab hasn't any hydrogen atom to exchange it with carbon. I don't
think but can I exchange hydrogen

atoms with carbon in the output pdb file of LEaP and then again let

LEaP to add the extra hydrogens?

Regards,
Ehsan