Re: [AMBER] peptide leaving box, image command not working

From: Niel Henriksen <niel.henriksen.utah.edu>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 07:58:21 -0600

I believe I understand what your're describing. This has happened with some
ligand/receptor complexes I have studied. The problem was that when my receptor
got close to the box edge, the receptor got "wrapped" differently than the ligand.
This occurs since even though the receptor and ligand are in a complex, sander/pmemd
still views them to be separate entities and thus determines how to wrap them separately.

As far as I know, once you've run the simulation there is no good way to go back and
fix the problem.

My lab uses a prmtop hack to get around this problem. We change the values in
%FLAG SOLVENT_POINTERS and %FLAG ATOMS_PER_MOLECULE to "trick"
sander/pmemd into thinking that that the complex is a single molecule. This was
described in previous posts:

http://archive.ambermd.org/200310/0253.html
(I use option 1, not option 2)

I wrote a perl script to edit the prmtop automatically. Let me know if you are interested.

--Niel