Re: [AMBER] solvent-solute interaction energy

From: <durmaz.zib.de>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 01:11:56 +0200 (MEST)

hi my dear,

i'm relatively new at all that simulatiopn stuff at all, but what about
calculating non-bonded energies (lennard jones and coulomb interactions)
between the different groups in your system, since you seem to be looking
for interaction energies. in that case you might proceed as follows:

in your mol dynamics's mdp file set the energygrps parameter for example like

energygrps = sugarResiduesName solventsResidueName ionResidueName ...

do your dynamics (md.tpr) which should generate an output file denoted as
"md.edr" (or with another name depending on the tpr file's name but with
the same file type) containing all information you will ever need. this
includes interaction energies between any pair of those groups, that
you've defined in the step before. access the file with the command

g_energy -f md.edr -o md_ergTemp

from the list choose the types of energies/quantities you're interested in
(probably something like "LJ-SR:sol-sug" and "Coul-SR:sol-sug" by typing
the number that is associated with it followed by ENTER, and the next
number, and so on and a zero in the last line. e.g.

12
13
14
15
0

i really hope, that was what you wanted to know.

vedat