Re: [AMBER] Error installing AMBER 10 on ubuntu

From: case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 10:20:00 -0400

On Mon, Jun 07, 2010, Catein Catherine wrote:

> Could you mind to reconfirm if I need to type following commands, I am
> using ubuntu 9.1.

> > sudo apt-get install bison csh flex gfortran g++ xorg-dev

Did you try this? What happened? I'm just suggesting you need to have
gfortran installed on your machine.

> By the way, How to un-tarring the distribution tar-file again. Could
> you mind to instruct the commands lines needed to be done?

You need to learn how "tar" works. The wikipedia entry for "tar" is a good
place to start. Just blindly following "cookbook" commands you find on web
sites or mailing lists is really not an effectively way to proceed. You
won't be able to use Amber effectively unless/until you learn some basics.

....dac