RE: [AMBER] AMBER11 compilation

From: Steve Seibold <seibold.chemistry.msu.edu>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 09:46:03 -0400

Dr. Case
Thanks for your response.

The OS is Linux (running RedHat Enterprise 5)and I did use the gcc compiler (4.1.1). Do the failures mean that umbrella sampling with REMD and the Steered Md application will not function properly?

I did find the *.dif files and the log file containing the "possible failures". The Error seems to be "**NCSU-ERROR** :check list value for key 'i', got '<Empty>' instead". The "possible failures" appear to be differences in numerical outcomes. I attempted to track down this "NCSU-error* and could not find anything substantial.

I have run amber 7 and 8 for several years in parallel. However, a system administrator did all the compiling etc. So, I am a complete novice when it comes to compiling, patching etc..AMBER.

Sorry, I will try to keep my questions to a minimum.

Thanks, Steve