Re: [AMBER] MMPBSA.py calculations...bad atom type

From: RANAJIT SHINDE <science.ranajitshinde.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 10:19:37 +0530

Option mmpbsa=1, has run the calculations successfully. The problem was with
the gb calculations and pb alone was running without the error. Thank you
very much Jason and Bill for the help and time.

The warning I could I see in FINAL_RESULTS_MMPBSA.dat is this:

WARNING: INCONSISTENCIES EXIST WITHIN INTERNAL POTENTIAL TERMS (BOND, ANGLE,
AND/OR DIHED). CHECK YOUR INPUT FILES AND SYSTEM SETUP. THESE RESULTS MAY
NOT BE RELIABLE (check differences)!

I already have performed the both calculations with mm_pbsa.pl script with
250 snapshots. The energies of the obtained by both scripts are very much
similar [mm_pbsa.pl (gb/pb) (-64.49/ -61.96)] [MMPBSA.py (250 snapshots),
(gb/pb) (-64.62/ -59.37)].

I did not see any such warning while mm_pbsa.pl calculations. So how to make
sure that the results are reliable?

Regarding bad atom types (br), a statement is also seen in the
_MMPBSA_complex_gb.mdout. It reads as,

Using carbon SA parms for atom typebr

I looked into mdread.f file in /opt/amber10/src/sander. I could see the
statement “Using carbon SA parms for atom type” but not find the bromine
atom parameters. Could you specify the position to be modified?

I am attaching _MMPBSA_complex_gb.mdout and FINAL_RESULTS_MMPBSA.dat for
more information.

Thank you

Ranajit Shinde