Re: [AMBER] entropy calculation failed again!

From: Bill Miller III <brmilleriii.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2010 23:02:37 -0400

This looks like a memory allocation error. Because this is a relatively
large system (432 residues), you will need quite a bit of RAM to perform
this calculation. On the test system for the tutorial, a 267 residue system
required >2 GB of RAM for the calculation of the complex alone. How much
memory are you allocating for this calculation? You might want to try giving
it more memory for the calculation.

Also, what output file did you get this error from? There should have been
three nmode output files (_MMPBSA_complex_nm.out, _MMPBSA_receptor_nm.out,
and _MMPBSA_ligand_nm.out). Did all of these files give this error? Or was
it just one or two of the files? Logically, the ligand nmode calculation
should have been performed without errors because there should be plenty of
memory available to do the nmode calculation on only a two residue ligand.

-Bill

Bill Miller III
Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida