Re: [AMBER] a possible typo bug while building pmemd with mpi

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 23:12:30 -0400

On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 1:52 PM, Dean Cuebas
<deancuebas.missouristate.edu>wrote:

> > Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 11:13:03 -0500
> > Subject: Re: [AMBER] a possible typo bug while building pmemd with mpi
> >
> > The problem is not space...
> >
> > I am having a hell with TextWrangler as I find out that this application
> > simply doesn't convert to Unix LF, so when I copied a file in terminal
> and
> > open it with twedit is Mac CR EOL and it causes problems with
> compilations
> > and makes.
>
> I've never had a problem with TextWrangler... could you send me the file
> you
> are having problems with?

It was the config.h created by configure. There is a problem with any text
editor that removes whitespace, since the space after -o in LDOUT in
config.h is important as I explained in my last reply in this thread. This
problem is enough to make the link step look like gfortran -opmemd (since
the space after -o has been removed by textwrangler). Perhaps this is an
option that can be toggled? Perhaps it's the default, but in any case, that
was ultimately concluded as the source of the issue.

All the best,
Jason