Re: Re: [AMBER] How is possible in amber to discriminate by names between protonated\deprotonated C- and N- terminal amido and carboxylic groups?

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 07:36:50 -0400

at normal pH one does not expect to see protonated C terminus or
deprotonated N terminus. Normally if you want a neutral terminal, a blocking
group is added in the experiment (acetylating or amidating the end). so how
you proceed depends on what experimental conditions you are trying to
reproduce. If you really think you have an unusual protonation state for a
terminal group, you need to develop your own residue. You might check recent
literature on constant pH simulations (such as from the Roitberg lab) to see
if they included termini as well as the ionizable side chains.