RE: [AMBER] Amber10 Cuda compile failure

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 20:04:09 -0700

Hi Andrew,

> Both patches are now applied with no problems. However, make in
> ~/amber10/src/pmemd fails with the following error. I checked, and the
> gbl_constants.fpp file is present.
>

> [aapeters.os40 pmemd]$ make
> cd src && make all
> make[1]: Entering directory `/tmp/aapeters/amber10/src/pmemd/src'
> cc -E -DPUBFFT gbl_constants.fpp gbl_constants.f90
> cc: gbl_constants.f90: No such file or directory
> # 1 "gbl_constants.fpp"
> # 1 "<built-in>"
> # 1 "<command-line>"
> # 1 "gbl_constants.fpp"
>
> # 1 "copyright.i" 1
>
> Any ideas?

I have no idea. Have you verified that you can build vanilla pmemd with this
setup? Also I am concerned by the line:

cc -E -DPUBFFT gbl_constants.fpp gbl_constants.f90

What does 'cc' point to here? This should generally be cpp. What compilers
are you attempting to use as well? The only combination I have tested the
cuda implementation in PMEMD against is gfortran / gcc on Linux.

Can you send me your config.h file from AMBERHOME/src/pmemd/

All the best
Ross

/\
\/