[AMBER] Re: Is the variation of C-Cl bond length normal?

From: Shulin Zhuang <shulin.zhuang.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 11:25:58 -0700

Dear Ross Walker,
Sorry to send this email to you. It seems the my previous email was not
received by the amber mailing list.

Following your tutorial(http://ambermd.org/tutorials/basic/tutorial4b/), I
generated parameters for my ligand, which has a group of -CCl3.

After 2 ns equilibration, I found that the bond length for these three
C-Cl bonds is 1.72 , 1.75, 1.84 angstrom, respectively. Is the value 1.84
is normal?

Details of generating parameters and md simulation are as following:

Antechember module from Ambertools 1.3 and AM1-BCC charge was used for the
calculation following your famous tutorial (
http://ambermd.org/tutorials/basic/tutorial4b/) with the same protocol.

After restrained minimization(1000 steps), free minimization(1500 steps),
restraind heating process in NVT ensemble(20ps), I directly equilibrated the
whole system in NPT ensemble for 2ns.

Best regards
Shulin