Re: [AMBER] vacuum bubbles generated after heating

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 06:11:45 -0400

Hello,

It is possible that the 'vacuum bubbles' are merely visualization
artifacts of reimaging (i.e. wrapping molecules back into the original
box), though is perhaps unlikely for a simple heating. It is also
possible that maybe you don't have enough water molecules to maintain
a good density with the volume you're trying to run at? If this is
the case, perhaps run a quick NPT heating simulation to equilibrate
the density and try with NVT again to make sure that this problem goes
away? It may also be worth trying to rebuild the system in leap and
re-trying...

Also, did you minimize the system prior to trying this? Other than
these, I'm not sure what else can/should be done... Perhaps others can
chime in with their advice.

All the best,
Jason