RE: [AMBER] QMMM Iron

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 11:09:45 -0700

Hi Dmitry,

> > !--------- SIZE / ARRAY LIMITATIONS -----------------------
> >
> > ! Locks maximum valence orbitals at 4 = S,P (no D or F - code
> is not
> > present)
> > integer, parameter :: MAX_VALENCE_ORBITALS =4
> > integer, parameter :: MAX_VALENCE_DIMENSION =
> > MAX_VALENCE_ORBITALS*(MAX_VALENCE_ORBITALS+1)/2
> >
> > !----------------------------------------------------------
> >

> Should I edit qmmm_module.f and recompile Amber or sander just does not
> suit
> for qmmm representation of heme alone and heme combined with proteins?

Having looked into this some more I 'believe' that you should be okay just commenting out the check on MAX_VALENCE_ORBITALS as long as you only plan to do DFTB with iron. The DFTB code supports d-orbitals in its present form but has never been tested.

Thus you could go ahead with the test commented out and see if it appears to work okay.

I will look into it further when I have a chance and see if a bugfix can be issued.

All the best
Ross

/\
\/
|\oss Walker

| Assistant Research Professor |
| San Diego Supercomputer Center |

Note: Electronic Mail is not secure, has no guarantee of delivery, may not be read every day, and should not be used for urgent or sensitive issues.