Re: [AMBER] membranes

From: Hannes Loeffler <Hannes.Loeffler.stfc.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 17:00:11 +0100

On Wed, 31 Mar 2010 17:44:26 +0200
Vlad Cojocaru <Vlad.Cojocaru.h-its.org> wrote:

> Of course, this would be the ideal case but most of the all-atom ff
> that I am aware of have the same problem .. I don't think its only an
> AMBER problem

That's my observations too. Eventually, I think it's all a compromise
depending on what one is interested in. We currently run simulations
with NAMD and the CHARMM force fields. I decided to go with constant
surface area to fix the area per lipid. Order parameters and bilayer
thickness seem to work out reasonably fine.

Hannes.