Re: [AMBER] pKa Calculations Using Thermodynamic Integration

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 11:08:06 -0400

Hello,

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 11:02 AM, imtiaz shafiq <imtiazshafiq.gmail.com> wrote:
> I having some trouble in pKa Calculations Using Thermodynamic Integration.
>
> As a test run I have downloaded asph_model.prmtop, asph_model.incprd,
> asp_model.prmtop and asp_model.inpcrd from amber tutorials page.
>
> I have also downloaded
>
> model_step2.mdin
>
>   model ASH to ASP for pKa calculation
>  &cntrl
>   nstlim =3000000, nscm=2000,
>   ntx=5, irest=1, ntpr=1000,
>   tempi=300.0, temp0=300.0, ntt=3, gamma_ln=5.0,
>   ntb=0, igb=5, cut=999.0,
>   dt=0.001,
>   ntc=2, ntf=2,
>   ntwr = 10000, ntwx=1000, ntave=1000
>   icfe=1, clambda=0.11270,
>  /
>

> and
>
> -O -i model_step2.mdin -p asph_model.prmtop -c asph_model_step1.rst -o
> asph_model_step2.out -inf asph.mdinfo -x asph_model_step2.mdcrd -r
> asph_model_step2.rst
> -O -i model_step2.mdin -p asp_model.prmtop -c asp_model_step1.rst -o
> asp_model_step2.out -inf asp.mdinfo -x asp_model_step2.mdcrd -r
> asp_model_step2.rst
>
> model_step2.group
>
> Now when I am runing the job
>
> mpirun -np 2 $AMBERHOME/exe/sander.MPI -ng 2 -groupfile model_step2.group
>
> I am getting the following error
>

> [imtiaz.cluster1 ti-tut6]$ mpirun -np 2 $AMBERHOME/exe/sander.MPI -ng
> 2 -groupfile model_step2.group
>
>  Running multisander version of sander amber10
>
>  Total processors =     2
>  Number of groups =     2
>

>  Unit   30 Error on OPEN: asph_model_step1.rst

These are examples. This groupfile corresponds to the second step in
TI where the restart file of the first step is used as the coordinate
file for the second. Since you never ran the first step, the restart
file for that step was never created, so it can't be found here (hence
the explanatory error: Error on OPEN: asph_model_step1.rst).

If you read the tutorial it details these points. The files provided
are not enough to run this simulation blindly, you need to follow the
instructions and set up your own files (using the provided ones as
templates).

Good luck!