Re: [AMBER] about amber force field

From: Alan <alanwilter.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 14:47:26 +0000

Great! Looking forward for amber11.

To be quite clear, you mean that ff99bsc0 is the most accurate ff for
protein and DNA according to you knowledge since it seems to be an evolution
from ff99SB?

Thanks,

Alan

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 14:41, case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 22, 2010, Carlos Simmerling wrote:
>
> > In my protein-DNA work I use
> > ff99SB for proteins and bsc0 for nucleic acids.
>
> Just a note: this combination is what you get if you use the
> (poorly-named?)
> leaprc.ff99bsc0. Note that in Amber10, only DNA nucleic acids used the
> "Barcelona" modifications; RNA did not. This will be fixed in Amber11, but
> we haven't yet decided what name to give it. [Carlos: we should chat this
> week about this.]
>
> ....dac

Alan Wilter Sousa da Silva, D.Sc.
PDBe group, PiMS project http://www.pims-lims.org/
EMBL - EBI, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambridge CB10 1SD, UK
+44 (0)1223 492 583 (office)