RE: [AMBER] Confirm compiling Amber10/Tools1.3 breaks with intel v 11.1?

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 22:48:30 -0700

Hi Trevor,

Intel's latest compiler 11.1.069 is hopelessly broken. We have some
workarounds in the current AMBER 11 tree but back porting it to AMBER 10
would be quite some work. I would suggest going back to 11.1.064 or earlier
for the time being and wait until 11.1.069 gets superseded by something that
Intel will have hopefully 'silently' fixed.

All the best
Ross

FYI the following describes how to obtain earlier version of the Intel
compilers:

------- TERMINOLOGY ----------
Intel has changed its terminology. Since x86_64 was
probably trademarked by AMD I guess. It is now as follows:

Current Name | Historical Names
-----------------------------------
IA-32 | x86, i386, i686 etc.
Intel 64 | x86_64, em64t
IA-64 | Itanium, Itanium2, Itanic etc.

The 'majority' of you will want 'Intel 64'.
-------------------------------

Obtaining 'other' Intel compiler versions:

Starting from http://software.intel.com/

Register for an Intel Network Account. Click New Registration below login
box on the right.

Register with email address and password of your choice.

Then go to: https://registrationcenter.intel.com/RegCenter/register.aspx

Enter the serial number for your Intel Compiler and the same email you
registered with above. You can find the serial number on the license file.
E.g.

ls /opt/licenses/

NCOM_L_CMP__ XXXX-XXXXXXXX.lic

Click 'Register Product'

Fill in Name, Company etc. Click Submit.

Next go to:

https://registrationcenter.intel.com/

Click 'Registered Users Login'

Under Produce Subscription Information Click: IntelR Compiler Suite
Professional Edition for Linux*

Under " IntelR Fortran Compiler Professional Edition for Linux*" Click
'Download Files'

At the bottom of the page look for:

"Select other packages from the dropdown menu:"

Here you can use the drop down boxes to select different versions 11.1,
11.0, 10.1 etc and also the update version Update 5, Update 4, Update 3,
056, 046, 038 etc etc.

Good luck,
Ross