Re: [AMBER] Various Errors in Tests

From: case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 07:56:39 -0500

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010, Philipp Marquetand wrote:

> By the way, I think it is bizarre that configure for AmberTools with
> icc uses g77 as Fortran compiler and amber configured with ifort uses
> gcc as C compiler.
> Why don't you stay with the intel compiler suite, when it is selected?

Back when we were using mopac (I think that was AmberTools versions 1.2 and
earlier), we were never able to get mopac to compile and run correctly with
the intel fortran compiler. g77 or gfortran were the only known (to us!)
compilers that would work.

I don't remember anymore the story on gcc. In any event, the behavior you
describe was changed starting with version 1.3.

....dac