Re: [AMBER] AMBER10 installation: make test error 1

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 19:11:40 -0500

Hello,

On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 9:30 AM, Anna Dejardin <anna.dejardin.ucl.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm installing AMBER10 on my Red Hat Enterprise Linux Client release 5.4
> (Tikanga) machine. When I run "make test" I get this error:
>
> cd rdc && ./Run.dip
>  ./Run.dip:  Program error
> make: *** [test.sander.BASIC] Error 1

First suggestion if you haven't done this already: download all of the
bug fixes and recompile (you must make clean before you recompile).

Unfortunately, I find these error messages to be wildly unhelpful,
since I don't think any of the output printed to stderr is actually
retained... What I usually do when this occurs is to go into that
directory and edit the Run.dip script. I usually comment out the
redirect to the error function and run the script by hand. This will
then create the output files, and you'll be able to look at the error
printed out. It could be any number of errors, and the error message
above just says "something went wrong." Printing back the actual
error that occurred will help us diagnose it better (unless someone
else here happens to know exactly why Run.dip would fail).

Good luck!
Jason