Re: [AMBER] OMe fragment

From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2010 21:51:02 +0100

Lekpa,

Please, see . http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/Help/Lekpa/ R.E.D. data,
I quickly got with 3 models:

[fyd.lynx Data-RED]$ grep "ESP relative" Mol_m?/output2*
Mol_m1/output2_m1: ESP relative RMS 0.148
Mol_m1/output2_m1.sm: ESP relative RMS 0.288 1.9x
Mol_m2/output2_m2: ESP relative RMS 0.112
Mol_m2/output2_m2.sm: ESP relative RMS 0.291 2.6x
Mol_m3/output2_m3: ESP relative RMS 0.140
Mol_m3/output2_m3.sm: ESP relative RMS 0.307 2.2x

As you can see the best result - i.e. "the less worst" ;-) is obtained
with the 1st model.

Several comments:
- a charge difference for a group of atom of .12 is quite common when
using intra-mcc(s),
- in your case, the "best" results found so far presents a charge
difference of .16 which is slightly worst than this .12 value
- may be better can be done, or you will have to live with this error
considering that this is difficult to do better
- you are now aware that the fit in this case is not that good &
R.E.DD.B. presents several examples of charge fitting with more or
less good RRMS values.
Examples are Alkanes & CHCl3:
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDDB/projects/W-42/
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDDB/projects/W-43/

regards, Francois

PS if you want to send emails in the q4md-fft mailing list you need to
register.

           F.-Y. Dupradeau
                 ---
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/FyD/