Re: [AMBER] Problem with translate restrt file

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 13:24:28 -0500

On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 1:00 PM, Ivan Gladich <igladich.purdue.edu> wrote:
> Thank you Jason but it still does not work.
> I did like this
>
> ambpdb -p topol.pdb <restrt >my.pdb

I'm confused... Is topol.pdb a prmtop file or a pdb file? I don't
think ambpdb takes a pdb file as a topology file...

> translate -i my.pdb -f pdb -c translate -vx 0 -vy 0 -vz 20 -o initial.pdb
>
> ptraj <topol.pdb
> trajin initial.pdb
> trajout coord_trans [restrt]

I believe ptraj has to be supplied a topology file

ptraj prmtop < script

where script reads

trajin initial.pdb pdb
trajout coord_trans.inpcrd restart

Don't forget to put "pdb" after the trajin statement to let ptraj know
what format it is.

I don't think you're using ptraj (or ambpdb) correctly...

> Now the coordinates are translate in the z-axes and they are written in
> an unformatted way.So I fixed in  the initialization file of sander the
> option ntx=2

ptraj should preserve formatting for a restart file (specify restart,
without [] above)