RE: [AMBER] swiss cheese water shell

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 14:03:20 -0800

Hi Mark,

What you are seeing is because Leap is over zealous on avoiding clashes at
the edge of the box. If you only run NVT you will have a density of just
0.78 or so which leads to the formation of vacuum bubbles that you are
seeing. The solution is to run a quick NPT run as soon as you can to
equilibrate the density. Then you can switch back to NVT. I would suggest:

1) Minimize
2) 20ps or so heat to 300K NVT
3) 100ps NPT (or until the density has equilibrated) at 300K
4) NVT, NVE, NPT, your choice.

Note you should also image your trajectory using ptraj before visualizing it
to make sure you are viewing just the central cell.

As for Langevin piston pressure control, this is not supported by sander.
Just use ntb=2,ntp=1 for 100ps or so and you should be good.

All the best
Ross