Re: [AMBER] AmberTools1.3 installation error

From: Atro Tossavainen <atro.tossavainen+amber.helsinki.fi>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 15:36:51 +0200 (EET)

> > cp -p sleap /homes/acd/amber11/bin
> > cp: preserving permissions for `/homes/acd/amber11/bin/sleap': Operation
> > not supported
> > cp: preserving ACL for `/homes/acd/amber11/bin/sleap': Operation not
> > supported
> > make[2]: *** [install] Error 1
>
> I guess that something weird is happening with the "enterprise" version of
> of Linux here.

My guess is that /homes is on a network file system that does not
have a UNIX concept of permissions and that it has nothing to do
with RHEL5 per se.

--
Atro Tossavainen (Mr.)               / The Institute of Biotechnology at
Systems Analyst, Techno-Amish &     / the University of Helsinki, Finland,