RE: [AMBER] pmemd.cuda progress

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 18:51:51 -0800

Hi Trevor,

NVIDIA GPUs will be supported as part of PMEMD in the upcoming AMBER 11
release, both GB and PME simulations. For the moment only GB support is
available for AMBER 10 and it will likely remain this way since back porting
will be considerable effort.

With regards to the current GPU patch this is incompatible with bugfix.26.
Unfortunately bugfix.26 which introduced charmm force field support clashes
considerably with the way GPU support was implemented. Hence they are
mutually exclusive right now and I have to had time to update the GPU patch.
Hence for the time being you need to create a fresh copy of AMBER 10,
download bugfix.all and remove bugfix.26, apply this and then apply the GPU
patch and all should work.

I will update the webpage to reflect this.

Good luck,
Ross