[AMBER] pmemd.cuda progress

From: Trevor Gokey <tgokey.sfsu.edu>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 16:44:15 -0800

   Hello,

   I have been very interested in GPU support in Ambe= r and wanted to know
   it's progress since the last update in September.= Has there been any work
   to support explicit solvent? If anyone knows any r= esources on the matter
   other than the typical Nvidia and general Cuda webpa= ges, I'd be very
   appreciative. Perhaps on how Cuda is being implemented on = pmemd, or even
   other MD programs?

   Although this is n= ot the main concern of this post, I should also note
   that the Nvidia patch = did not patch so smoothly. Many "hunks" failed to
   patch, and more specifica= lly it kept complaining that files already
   contained a patch. It obviously = then failed to compile. If this is a new
   concern, I can post verbatim what = it said in a few hours as I am not at a
   workstation with Amber support. I t= ried using Amber 10 and 1.2 tools,
   following the instructions on the Amber = Nvidia support webpage. Cuda and
   its respective SDK were installed and work= ed as expected.

   Regards,

   Trevor Gokey