Re: [AMBER] sander compilation

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 20:59:45 -0500

Hello,

On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 8:23 PM, s. Bill <s_bill36.yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Dear AMBERI was trying to recompile sander only, but I got the following errors:
> mv libdivcon.a ../src/qmmm/make[2]: Leaving directory `/scratch//amber10/src/dcqtp/mod'make[1]: Leaving directory `/scratch/amber10/src/dcqtp'./checkserconfError: ../config_amber.h is not set up for serial compilationmake: *** [checkserconf] Error 1
>
> I know this is due to my config_amber file is configured for parallel compilation.So, I was wondering, should I recompile sander serial in first and then in parallel? Or these errors can be ignored?I did the following step:cd $AMBER/src/sandermake cleanmake sander

The config_amber.h file is used by all of the Makefiles in the
different amber directories. If you want to rebuild sander for some
reason, I would rebuild in serial and parallel both. Thus, first do a
"./configure_amber ifort" or whatever you use as your serial configure
call, then run the serial sander rule in the sander Makefile. Then
configure for parallel, make clean, and compile in parallel.

However, if there's no strong reason to avoid rebuilding all of amber,
I would probably suggest just using the top level Makefile in
$AMBERHOME/src rather than trying to use the Makefile in
$AMBERHOME/src/sander (you don't need to rebuild AmberTools if you
haven't changed any of the source code there). It doesn't take much
extra time to compile the various components of Amber10.

> Thanks in advanceS. Bill

Good luck!