[AMBER] how is better to measure ligand drift against protein in Amber

From: Andrew Voronkov <drugdesign.yandex.ru>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 17:21:02 +0300

Dear Amber users,
I would like to calculate drift of small ligand on the surface of the receptor. I mean averaged displacement during simulation period against the initial position in the binding site.
How is better to do this? I see three relevant commands: calculation of RMS, calculation of atomic fluctuations and diffusion.
I've used the next PRAJ script to calculate these paratemres for 245 residue (small molecule ligand):

"trajin 34139_md2.mdcrd strip: WAT
rms first out 34139_ca.rms :245.CA time 10
diffusion :245.C,CA,N time 10 average filenameroot_1.xmgr
atomicfluct out 34139.apf :245.C,CA,N byatom "

RMS: will mostly show rms from atomic coordinates of ligand's atoms.

The atomic fluctuations calculation probably is a solution? But I get error with it:
"PTRAJ ATOMICFLUCT: Dumping atomic positional fluctuations
Segmentation fault"

Diffusion: diffusion can show averaged square replacements of atoms in the mask.
"Also, this command implicitly unfolds the trajectory (in periodic boundary simulations) hence
will currently only work with orthorhombic unit cells." So if I use explicit solvent I can't use this command?
For diffusion command I've got the results which I can't interpret.
The average displacement of central of mass of the ligand is about 1 angsatrom maimum, but I get some where big values in xmgr files output, which I can't understand (shown below).

Sincerely yours,
Andrew

10_a.xmgr:
   0.000 5.009