Re: [AMBER] softcore TI lambda values of 0 and 1

From: <steinbrt.rci.rutgers.edu>
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2010 05:01:55 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

at some points in the code as it is currently implemented, it is necessary
to multiply some energies by 1/lambda and 1/(1-lambda). That is why you
cant run at 0 and 1 exactly. The code prevents values of lambda <0.01 and
>0.99 to avoid numerical errors from this scaling.

I plan to remove this limitation by a partial rewrite soon, but have no
fixed date on that yet.

Regards,

Thomas

On Fri, February 5, 2010 3:49 pm, Hugh Heldenbrand wrote:
> Hello Amber Listserv-
>
> Can anyone tell me why the softcore potentials code does not allow
> lambda values of 0 or 1?
>
> (copied from output file):
>
> Softcore potentials cannot be used with clambda < 0.01 or > 0.99
>
> *** input error(s)
>
> -Hugh Heldenbrand

Dr. Thomas Steinbrecher
BioMaps Institute